Copper Water Bottle and its Benefits
You must be a firm believer of holistic therapies, and that brings you here in all probability. You may have heard, that drinking water empty stomach early in the morning, is a good habit. However, if you are storing the water in a plastic bottle, or drinking from one, there isn’t much benefit. All hard work and consciousness go down the drain. You may say that glass bottles are cumbersome. And, if one slips from your hands, it breaks and creates such a mess. So, now we welcome you to the world of the copper water bottle.
Copper And Its Humble Beginnings
Well, it must be good. Otherwise, why would the ancient civilizations use copper to store food and water? Historians have recorded that copper was in use since time immemorial. It has been over 11,000 years, since it came into circulation in the home and hearth. It actually goes back to the Copper age. It was probably one of the first metals to be used by humans. Excavations suggest that the Greeks and Romans also used copper. Today, in India, copper is the first metal for use in utensils related to worship and religious matters. Moreover, many people also use it for cooking. All Indian households, have at least one ‘Taamba’ utensil at home.
Moreover, growing awareness about the benefits of copper, has brought the metal back into households. You will be amazed to know, that the human body also has trace amounts of the mineral. Any sort of deficiency can lead to chronic illnesses. So, you be interested to know about the benefits of copper water bottle.
Is Copper Good for You?
The answer is ‘yes’. Copper is a wonder metal in its own right. According to the principles of Ayurveda, drinking water from a copper bottle or utensil, can boost the immune system. Moreover, it is widely believed that it can balance the three doshas – Vata, Pitta, and Kapha. Ayurvedic practitioners refer to water stored in copper vessels, as ‘Tamra Jal’.
Copper also comes with myriad antimicrobial properties. It has the power to eliminate bacteria, fungi, and viruses. When you store water in it for 8 hours, it undergoes certain processes. It is said that the water, gains the antimicrobial effects of the copper metal. Moreover, it can also assist in maintaining Ph balance. It has been widely researched and reported that, around 300 alloys of the metal can kill 99 percent of bacteria within 2 hours. In fact, the United States Environmental Protection Agency has approved the use of the metal in various household furniture and fixtures, owing to its curative and healing properties. You can also find copper in utensils and tools, been used in many hospitals across the globe, too. So, basically many people have woken up to the benefits of copper. Copper, apart from being an anti-microbial metal, it also has numerous medicinal properties.
Health Benefits of Copper Water Bottle
The copper water bottle is indeed one of the most therapeutic metals today. Read about the many benefits in detail here.
- Delays Ageing – It is one of the first things, that the beauty conscious and health conscious will discuss. Many beauty products actually contain copper. The meta has made a comeback, owing to its anti-oxidant properties. In practicality, it helps to regenerate the cells.
- Heals Wounds – Since, it is an antimicrobial and antibacterial agent, it can heal wounds quite fast. You can wash your injuries with the water stored in a copper container. It can regenerate the surrounding skin cells as well.
- Prevents Cancer – Cancer is one of the most challenging of all diseases today. However, you can at least take some initiatives from beforehand. It has antioxidants and that makes it fight off free radicals. You can also carry copper bottle containing water, as it produces melanin, when exposed to the sun’s rays.
- Boosts Haemoglobin Production – Haemoglobin is a protein molecule is extremely important for the human body. Lack of it, can cause anemia. It has been widely researched that copper water helps in the breakdown of food to produce Haemoglobin. It also aids the body to absorb iron well.
- Soothes Joints and Heals Bones – Osteoporosis is a disease, which causes brittle bones and also leads to pain. If you have water stored in a copper bottle, on a regular basis, it can have a positive effect on the body. Many people still believe in the age-old practice in which a copper coin or a copper vessel is placed on any inflamed part of the body, to reduce the pain and swelling.
How to Choose and Use the Best Copper Bottle?
Now, that you know the benefits of copper water bottle, you should also know how to choose the best one in the market. You should choose a copper bottle, that is made from pure copper. It should have a 99.99% purity certification. You should store the water in a copper bottle for at least 8 hours. Moreover, you have to ensure to store the water at room temperature.
You can drink the water on an empty stomach after brushing your teeth. However, you need to maintain a gap of at least ten minutes in between. Always have plain water from the copper bottle. Do not mix lime juice or honey, as it can cause an acidic reaction. You should also ensure to have the water from a copper bottle for two months and then give a gap. It will help your body, to flush out any excess copper.
You should also take proper care of the bottle, as it serves so many benefits. If you leave it outside for too long, it can get tarnished. So, it is always advisable to rub some lemon juice mixed with salt on it. Rinse out the same with plain water. You can also clean it with tamarind. If you are wondering about the looks, then do not feel sad. The best printed copper bottles made of copper are available now. So, that combines utility with beauty.